Sunday, August 12, 2007

I did it...



I resigned from my full time job at the happiest place on earth to persue my own dream. Reagle Beagles Etc mobile pet grooming has come to life. I remember the moment when this idea popped into my head. I was down in Boca Raton visiting Kay and bringing her new baby, Chloe 5 years ago.

Chloe was one of the pups from Eda Mae, the Queen of the Beagles. At least that is how she thinks. Chloe was the third in line when it came to birthing order. She looked like she had a Batman costume when she first first came out. So I initially called her Batgirl. Alas, Kay came over the next morning, looked at all 5 pups and immediately picked Batgirl. It was then she got her real name, Chloe. :)

Across the street from Kay's unit I saw this lady in a trailer grooming a dog. I was intrigued. So I went over to check it out. I asked the lady what exactly was this as I had never seen it before. "I'm a mobile pet groomer" she said. Well, after about 5 minutes of talking with her it immediately came into my head.



Reagle Beagles named after my beloved beagle pups in order: Names given from their parents and the nicknames I gave them when they were born so I could differntiate them in order. Their names come from their appearances at the time.

Leopold:Ace (of Diamonds)

George: Space

Chloe: Batgirl

Emma: Helmet Head

Barkley: Tattoo

Since their birth over 5 years ago, I have finished grooming school, worked a year with another mobile groomer, got my own mobile unit built (with the help and support of family and friends that I thank very much :) and am now in business. I've seen the demand and it's going to be a job. A job I'm looking forward to.

As Walt said himself, "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Wish me luck.



More to come...

No comments: