Thursday, June 14, 2007

Open Thread - 20 Years Ago and A Fish Out of Water

It was twenty years ago when I was officially out of the nest. I was just beginning to discover myself after living a "normal" life in high school. My 20 year high school reunion is next week and I cannot wait. I had a great time in high school. However, I was living the life of a straight teen so I tried to play the part as best as I could. It will be interesting to see if any classmates are either surprised that I'm gay or it was just a secret we all knew but never talked about.

Regardless if they figure it out or not, I will be there with my pride ring on and I will dedicate the song "I'm Coming Out" from Diana Ross as we do have an 80's theme going. ;)

Going to be even stranger to see me old high school girlfriend. I already know what her answer would be, "So that's why you wouldn't french kiss me."

However, the first french kiss I ever did get was from another girlfriend in my senior year. (ladies man, yeah lol) It was homecoming night and we were in my Mom's black 1985 Thunderbird. We were in the parking lot of Wag's, a Denny's type restaurant, waiting for other friends to meet us from the dance. Jessica and I had been going out about a month by then and I figured it was appropriate to let her wear my class ring. That's what you were supposed to do back then. Needless to say, I handed her my class ring and she jumped down my throat like a fish out of water.

So, what memory do you care to share from 20 years ago?

1 comment:

Pta said...

Well, we had no DJ at the reunion. I enjoyed the reunion regardless and will eventually make a post about it when I get time.